The Millvale Community Library is opening its search for a Part-Time Librarian!
Job Summary: Seeking a highly motivated and positive individual to act as the Librarian for the new Millvale Community Library. For a full Job Description, click here.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with the Library Director and volunteers to execute the vision of the Board of Trustees through outreach, in-house programming, and multi-platform community engagement;
- Direct management of day-to-day operations;
- Oversee initial library start-up efforts;
- Project and maintain a positive, respectful attitude to all patrons without regard to age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, mental health, or social status;
- Create and conduct a creative, forward thinking brand of programming in consultation with the Library Director and the Board of Trustees;
- Participate in monthly Board meetings and system-wide initiatives and programs, as time allows.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with both youth and adults in an urban setting is preferred;
- Ability to navigate and interpret MCL policies and procedures;
- Strong computer skills, including the use of the Internet and MS Office;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team while managing assignments and responsibilities effectively in a varied work environment;
- PA Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Criminal Record Check required upon offer of employment.
Work Hours: 30 hours per week; days, evening and Saturdays during library operating hours.
Salary: $12.00-14.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by submitting letter of interest and resume via email to MillvaleLibrary@gmail.com by 5pm on Thursday, October 10, 2013.